In today's real estate market it is very important to have the best exposure you can in order to get your home or property SOLD. Here at TN Real Estate & Auction we strive to have a internet presence like no other. We provide Market Report's (This will Help you know what the real estate market is doing in your area as we use data from the past 3 months to give you the sellers and the buyers the best up to date real estate information we have) We provided Specific Search Results. (This helps a buyer who is looking for a specific home like yours find it quickly) We also provide Property Information and Subdivision Restrictions. (We have a lot of the property information and restrictions in our data base that we provide for the buyers. By being able to provide the buyers all the information about your property this helps the buyers make a comfortable quicker decision which gets your home under contract quicker).
It's important to choose an agent you fill comfortable working with - one who is competent and prepared to be with you throughout each step of the home selling process.
Find an agent who is familiar with your community. The following is a few questions you might ask a potential real estate agent partner.
* Do you deal mostly with home buyers or with home sellers?
TN Real Estate & Auction agents work with both buyers and sellers. This knowledge helps us represent our clients with a better understanding of the position they are in plus we have a data base with buyers who are searching for a home like yours.)
* Are you a member of the local Multiple Listing Service (MLS)?
TN Real Estate & Auction is a member of The Great Smoky Mountain Association of Realtors (GSMAR MLS) and/or Knoxville Area Association of Realtors (KAARS MLS) )
*Are you able to provide local real estate market trends,values,and statistics?
TN Real Estate & Auction have one of the most sophisticated web-sites in The East Tennessee area. The web-site was designed for you the consumer with market trends for a specific area or a individual subdivision at your figure tips. We also have up to date market reports you can see when a property is LISTED,PENDING, and SOLD in the past 3 months and this information is averaged out to give a true current market report.)
*** Where does your website rank?***
Chances are you found us while searching the internet. TN Real Estate & Auction has taken a pro-active stance in the real estate market since 2010. We have layed out our marketing plan for the buyers and sellers to have the best online real estate site available.The National Association of Realtors say over 80% of prospective home buyers begin their search for a new home on the internet. How do you know if an agent has a strong internet presence in your area? TEST IT! Go to google and preform several searches as if you was the buyer. TNRealEstate.Auction should pull on the first page for the majority of your searches. If you can find us the buyers can also!
This is the biggest question every homeowner has. Zeroing in on the value of your home is an important part of the selling process. Using the Current Market Reports data that TN Real Estate & Auction provide can help you the seller to know what a Fair Market Value is on your home.(Fair Market Value is comparable SOLD homes in your area determining the market price) Some will argue that a home is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it... true, if they are paying cash. Keep in mind if a buyer is getting a loan, the lender won't lend more than what an appraiser will say the home is worth. The appraisal will usually only go back 6 months on the SOLD comps and stay within a 3 mile radius. This isn't true all the time but a good rule of thumb they follow most of the time.
Here are some things to consider when determining the value of your home:
* What is the current market condition?
Seller's Market - Low Inventory / High Demand / Homes selling above list price / multiple offers
Buyer's Market - High Inventory / Low Demand / Lower Offers / Price Reductions
* What is your selling motivation level?
Highly motivated might equate to a lower selling price to move the home quickly.
Not as motivated means you have the patience to wait for a buyer to come along, fall in love with your home, and pay a higher price.
* Where is the property located?
People are willing to pay a higher price for a specific neighborhoods. You may have a very nice upgraded home, but if the neighborhood isn't desirable, that can bring down your homes value.
* What is the condition of your home?
Consider amenities, upgrades, updates, views, and curb appeal. Look at your home like you are buying your home.
* What are similar homes selling for?
This is called a comp or comparable. Generally an appraiser will look at similar homes that have SOLD in close proximity in the last 45 to 90 days.
* What else is For Sale?
Take a look at similar properties that are currently listed for sale. This is your competition.
* What does the internet say?
There is a lot of sites at your finger tips to tell you what your home is worth. Many times these resources are NOT very accurate but its still good to see what these sites are saying about the value of your home. (Alot of times these sites give you the tax appraisal on your property and not a true market analysis.)
* How much do you owe on the property?
If you purchased during a high time in the market and the prices haven't recovered yet, there is a chance you could owe more on your property than what the current value is.
* Confused? Still don't know what your home is worth?
Contact TN Real Estate & Auction and ask for a Current Market Analysis (CMA) on your property.We can provide you the seller detailed information on your property and its Fair Market Value at this current time.
When you decide to put your home on the market, it shifts from being your "home" to being a product. This can be difficult mental switch to make because many of us are emotional attached to our homes.
* Declutter - Every room in the house
* Air out the home - Most people are turned off by even the smallest odor. Odors must be eliminated, especially if you have dogs, cats, or smokers.
* Clean the Carpet - If it has been a while since the carpets have been cleaned now is the time to do it. Bare floors should be waxed or polished as well.
*Clean Windows - Dirty windows affect the overall presentation of your home. Keep all blinds/shades pulled open. The more natural light the better.
* Clean and Wipe down all stained and/or painted woodwork - Wipe down all doors and cabinets with wood maintenance product such as "Old English" or "Liquid Gold".
* Repaint rooms that need it - We encourage a clean palette and consistent color pattern throughout the home.
* Replace or clean A/C filters - Clean all A/C vents and intake grids.
* Upgrade the wattage in all light fixtures to the highest level safety will allow.
* Dust/Wash all light fixtures and fans.
* Clean all tubs, toilets, and sinks. A clean smelling bathroom is a plus with the buyers.
* Bathtubs, showers, and sinks should be freshly caulked. The grout and tile should be clean and in good condition. There should be no leaks in the faucets or traps.
* Keep all flat surfaces (counter tops, appliances tops, and furniture cleared off as much as possible. kitchens counters should have very little on them to show that there is plenty of available work space.
* Make sure there is not too much furniture in a room.
* Depersonalize your home. You want the buyers to be able to visualize their personal items in the home.
* Keep the exterior clean, picked up and the yard mowed.
*REMEMBER THE FIRST IMPRESSION IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!
The bottom line is would you by your home? If this was your favorite home would you pay the price you are asking?
I recommend to all sellers to go ahead and have a home inspection done. Fix the items on the list. Leave the Home Inspection Report and the Invoices where you had the items fixed laying out on the table so the potential buyers can see this.
Be Pro-Active in selling your home. The buyers feel more at ease when they see a seller being honest and upfront about their home.